Dr. Fuhrman explains in his new PBS special Eat To Live!, that a Nutritarian Diet is one in which we consume foods that are naturally rich in micronutrients. Fuhrman says these micronutrients (vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and phytochemicals) provide us with natural protection against disease! These nutrients enables the body to function properly, to heal and recover from disease. And what are the foods naturally rich in these protective and healing properties? No surprise! Natural whole vegetables, beans, nuts and seeds! For those who have adopted the Nutritarian Diet Plan, Dr. Fuhrman has seen firsthand patients who have changed their lives from serious disease and drug dependent conditions to a complete reversal to drug free good health. He says:
- you can lose your excess weight and keep it off for the rest of your life more effectively than any other diet tested in medical history.
- you are able to not just improve your type II diabetes, but get rid of it completely and become non-diabetic.
- you can reverse high blood pressure, bringing it back to normal without drugs, no matter what age you are.
- you can normalize your cholesterol level and obtain protection against heart attacks that you cannot get with cholesterol-lowering drugs.
- you can reverse advanced heart disease. Plaque will melt away and obstructed arteries will open up.
- heart attacks and strokes can become very rare occurrence.
- this diet offers significant protection against certain types of common cancers.
Dr. Fuhrman says study after study has proven this!…..
- Research shows that the more vegetables you eat the more protection you have against heart disease and stroke.
- One study found eating four servings of vegetables a day reduced the risk of death by 64%!
- Tomato paste and tomatoes can lower systolic blood pressure five points, however higher tomato intake reduces stroke risk by 59%!
- Walnuts are the most protective nut and flaxseed is the most protective seed as shown in a recent study. Eating two tablespoons of flaxseeds each day can lower high blood pressure 15 points! That’s more than most drugs. Chia seeds and sesame seeds were also shown as very protective.
Learning that “eating more plant nutritional sources” is a wise approach for maintaining health goes hand in hand with “eating less meat and dairy products”
Dr. Fuhrman says that if we want to reduce our risk of death due to disease we must curtail our consumption of animal products. Studies indicate in order to maintain our protection against heart disease…
- we must keep our consumption of animal products below 10% of our caloric intake.
- And for reversal of heart disease we should lower our consumption below the 5%.
- For a 2000 calory diet 5% is about 8 to 10 ounces per week.
- For a 2000 calory diet 10% of calories is about 15 to 18 ounces per week.
- Red meat is about 100 calories an ounce and poultry and fish is about 50 calories an ounce.
- We should not be eating meat, poultry, eggs, milk and cheese at every meal!
Dr. Fuhrman suggests the following as a typical approach to a Nutritarian Diet:
- salad at least once a day
- make a big pot of vegetable bean soup or stew on the weekends, to be eaten all during the week.
- breakfast can be an intact whole grain such as steel cut oatmeal with nut milk, some ground seeds and fruit mixed in such as strawberries and blueberries.
- Dr. Fuhrman: Eat To Live. Nutritarian Diet Plan. Can Reverse and Heal Your Chronic Disease. Dr. Joel Fuhrman does it again! In his new PBS special Eat To...
- Dr. Fuhrman: Eat To Live. A Nutritarian Diet vs Diabetes Medication. In the PBS special Eat To Live!, Dr. Joel Fuhrman reminds...
- Dr. Fuhrman: Eat To Live. A Nutritarian Diet vs Heart Disease and Angioplasty. During the PBS special Eat To Live!, Dr. Joel Fuhrman expresses...
- Dr. Fuhrman: Eat To Live. A Nutritarian Diet vs Blood Pressure Medications. During Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s PBS special Eat To Live!, Fuhrman explains...
- Dr. Fuhrman: Eat To Live. Is Prescription Medication Dangerous to your Health? In the PBS special Eat To Live!, Dr. Joel Fuhrman, board-certified family...
- Dr. Fuhrman: Immunity Solution. Nutritarian Prescription For Building a Strong Immune System. What the heck is a Nutritarian!? Oh, that’s a term...
- Dr. Oz: “I believed I was on a track for an early death. Dr. Fuhrman saved my live!” That was what one “Fuhrmanite” told Dr. Oz as she...
- Dr. Fuhrman: GOMBS Superfoods, Reverse Disease, Lower Cholesterol, Prevent Cancer “A properly fueled body is a miraculous self-healing machine” Dr....