Dr. Oz is right! For better or worse, fast food is an essential part of our lives! He said because of our packed schedules and limited free time, everyday some 80 million Americans will eat at a fastfood restaurant. So true to form, Dr. Oz, who is passionately concerned about our health, on a recently featured Dr. Oz Show, visited several fast food restaurants and found that there are healthful choices you can make and actually lose weight! Two of his viewers lost 5 and 6 pounds in a week long challenge on Dr. Oz’s Fast Food Diet Plan.
The two proclaimed fast food addicts, Karen and Tina, took on Dr. Oz’s Fast Food Challenge. Both were weighed by the Dr. Oz team before their week long fast food challenge. And after One Week…Here Are The Results:
Karen – before: 160 lbs after: 154lbs lost: 6 pounds!
Tina 5’10” – before: 171 lbs after: 166lbs lost: 5 pounds!
The ladies said they have more energy, and felt good that they had opportunities to make conscious food choices. Karen, who has 7 and 9 year olds, felt this experiment was very helpful in the eyes of her children.
Here is how they did it!
Dr. Oz’s Plan:
- 1500 calories daily
- 15 grams of saturated fat
- 5 to 6 servings of fruits and vegetables
Dr. Oz’s restaurant choices revealed…Dr. Oz Tips For Eating a Fast Food Diet:
- Eat Breakfast. 80% of people who lose weight and keep it off eat breakfast daily.
- Order extra veggies whenever possible on sandwiches and subs, vegetables like lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, green peppers etc. Add the extra veggies to your side salad if you discard the bun.
- Get rid of that big, puffy, white bread, empty calorie bun and keep the protein rich food choice like the chicken.
- Choose Grilled over Cripsy Fried Chicken and Always Remove the Skin
- Look for foods like whole apple slices, walnuts etc but hold/or ‘on the side’ the dipping sauces
- Swap out French Fries, Mashed Potatoes and the like for vegetables like Corn on the Cob and green beans.
- Hold the butter, croutons and extras and choose mustard or vinaigrette over calorie rich mayo and heavy dressings.
- Drink water instead of Sugary or Artificial Diet Drinks
Here are examples of what they ate:
|Breakfast||Subway||egg whites on wheat bread, apple slices, coffee, no cream and sugar|
|465 calories, 5 grams fat|
|Lunch||McDonald’s||Asian salad with grilled chicken, ½ pack of low-fat sesame dressing, water for your drink.|
|315 calories 1 gram saturated fat|
|Lunch||Taco Bell’s||1 bean burrito “Fresco Style”, 1 “Fresco Style” chicken soft taco|
|500 calories, 11 grams fiber, 3.5 grams saturated fat|
|Dinner||KFC||grilled chicken breast/no skin, green beans, corn on the cob no butter|
|210 calories, 2.5 grams saturated fat|
|Dinner||Wendy’s||12 oz beef chili, 1 side salad no croutons, Italian vinaigrette|
|320 calories, 3.5 grams saturated fat|
Jared Fogle did it! Remember the “Subway Guy” who lost so much weight making healthy choices at Subway? And he is still going strong. He completed the 2010 New York Marathon. Congratulations, Jared!
- Dr. Oz: Healthy Fast Food Drive-Thru Challenge Dr. Oz had Daymon Patterson, aka Daym Drops, on his show this...
- Dr Oz: Why You Should Lose 20 Pounds in 8 Weeks Lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks! Now where have I...
- Dr Oz: Ten Reasons To Lose 10 Pounds Dr Oz made a good point when he said that having...
- Dr Oz: Weight Watchers Diet Does Work! U.S. News & World Report just released their “Best Diets”...
- Dr. Oz: Flat Belly Diet Plan Dr. Oz on his Dr. Oz Show, has yet another...
- Mediterranean Diet Is Better Than We Thought! We have heard time and time again how healthy the...
- Oprah: 20 Ladies Go For 20 Years Younger and 27 Pounds Lighter in 60 Days As only Oprah does best, she gave 20 of what...
- Oprah: Eleven Year Old Girl Loses 50 Pounds With Her Mother’s Help With a national epidemic of childhood obesity, here is an...