Sep 27, 2011 – Dr. Oz of The Dr. Oz Show rolled out his Transformation Nation, Million Dollar You, a 7 step plan that he, and Weight Watchers have partnered up to help us lose at least 10% of our body weight. Dr Oz says with 2 out 3 Americans overweight or obese, and epidemic proportions of diabetes, cancer and heart disease, losing 10% of your body weight will greatly reduce and even reverse some of these serious health problems. And it will also give you a chance to win One Million Dollars if you sign up to register for the program.
Why does Dr. Oz say to lose 10% of our body weight?
- Reduce Blood Pressure, the number one cause of aging
- Reverse or Prevent Diabetes
- Lower Your Bad Cholesterol, LDL
- You Will Lose up to 30% of Your Belly Organ Fat. Excess belly fat causes the first three things above!
- It Will Significantly Reduce Your Risk of Developing Breast, Endometrial and Colon Cancers
The first step is to learn and know your BMI, Body Mass Index, which Dr. Oz says is more important to know than your weight. He did an experiment that showed four women all weighing 175 pounds. With Normal BMI being within a range of 18.5 to 24.9, their BMI numbers were 24.8, 34.2, 27.4, 29.1 ranging from normal to obese all having the same body weight. You must consider your weight and height to determine your Body Mass Index.
Weight Watchers was named Best Diet For Weight Loss by the U.S. News & World Report.
Dr. Oz’s guest, Weight Watchers’ Leader, Liz Josefsberg explains the Weight Watchers Points Plus Program. Everyone gets a set number of points they are allowed daily based on your weight, height, age and gender. There are four key components to their plan.
- Make Smarter Food Choices. Food items are assigned a number of points based on their nutritional impact. Instead of a high fat, high carbohydrate croissant for 7 points, you may want to chose a meal of high quality protein including eggs, lean meat and whole grain toast that may only add up to 6 Points
- Don’t Give Up The Foods You Love. A feeling of deprivation may cause you to give up a diet, so Weight Watchers allows 49 points each week to work in the foods you love like pizza or ice cream.
- Eat More Fruits and Vegetables. The Weight Watchers Plan has no Points Plus Values on these foods so there are no limits on fruits and vegetables. Where a candy bar may have several Points Plus Values, if you can choose an apple instead that has zero points.
- Seek out a Support System which may include attending Weight Watchers weekly meetings to share strategies, moral support, tips, recipes and answer any questions you may have.
You may want to use a free alternative to monitor your BMI and learn about the nutrition of your favorite foods.
TheRightTrak.com is a free online nutrient calculator. It will calculate your BMI and also your Recommended Daily Allowances(RDA) of over 30 other Nutrients.
Spend some time on The RightTrak.com and do several food searches. You will quickly learn and understand what favorite foods are giving you the most “Nutrient Bang for Your Buck! What foods you like to eat that will give you the most disease fighting nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, folate, beta carotene…and more. The RightTrak will turn Green if those allowances are met or Red if those allowances are not met.
What are the Seven Steps to Dr Oz’s Transformation Nation Plan?
- Tell A Friend. Oprah Winfrey made a surprise Skype appearance. She says she knows when you lose weight with a friend you are more successful. So she is going to tell her friends and she wishes us all good luck and a good journey!
- Connect with your Doctor
- Learn Your Family History
- Assess Your sleep
- Manage Your Stress
- Find a Fitness Plan
- Transform Your Weight.
Go to a Weight Watchers location for your first weight-in. Weight Watchers is offering a complimentary visit and weigh-in for one week between September 26 and October 3, 2011. Set your weight loss goal. Determine your BMI. If your BMI is not healthy, let the Dr. Oz plan help you loose 10% of your body weight as you strive to reach your healthy BMI. Go back to Weight Watchers for a complimentary final weigh-in. And you are eligible to win $1 Million. Ten finalists will be selected and the winner will be selected by America in May. If you are 18 years or older, Sign up today at DoctorOz.com.
Dr. Oz and Liz offered some suggestions on how you can transform some of your favorite foods into heathier versions.
Transform Your Favorite Pizza:
- Whole wheat flour crust instead of a white flour crust
- Use Part Skim Mozzarella
- Pecorino Romano ( made from sheep’s milk)
- Crushed tomatoes instead of high sodium tomato sauces
- Use herbs like fresh basil
- Add lots of veggies for important fiber and antioxidant nutrients.
Transform Your Favorite Barbeque – Since BBQ is all about the sauce, make an Agave BBQ Sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 3 cups plain tomato sauce instead of catchup.
- 2/3 cups Agave Syrup instead of sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce.
- 1 Tablespoon Soy
- Put it over skinless chicken breast instead of the pork ribs
Transform Your Favorite Tacos – Make Tilapia Tacos with Pico de Gallo
- Use a corn tortilla instead of a fried taco shell
- Bake chili rubbed fish such as tilapia instead of beef or pork
- Top with Pico De Gallo, a fresh, uncooked salsa made from chopped tomato, onion , chili peppers, fresh cilantro, lime or apple cider vinegear and other variations.
- Lowfat sour cream
- A squeeze of lime juice
- Dr Oz: Weight Watchers Diet Does Work! U.S. News & World Report just released their “Best Diets”...
- Dr Oz: Why You Should Lose 20 Pounds in 8 Weeks Lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks! Now where have I...
- Dr. Fuhrman: How To End Dieting Forever! Lose Weight Without Surgery! Dr. Fuhrman says “Stop starving yourself!…Diets just don’t work!” In...
- Dr Oz: Jennifer Hudson Tells How She Went From Size 16 to Size 6 Jennifer Hudson actress, singer, Weight Watchers spokesperson and now author...
- Dr. Fuhrman: Stop Food Addiction, Lose Weight, True Hunger vs Toxic Hunger “Our bodies are precise computers directing us to the exact...
- GMA: Best Weight Loss Diet Rankings From U.S. News & World Report Jun 7, 2011 – Good Morning America together with Robin...
- Paul McKenna. Tips For Self Hypnosis. Re-Program Your Brain To Lose Weight and Break Bad Habits. Britain’s world renowned hypnotist and author Paul McKenna, Ph.D appeared...
- Dr Oz: Ten Reasons To Lose 10 Pounds Dr Oz made a good point when he said that having...