Dr Oz made a good point when he said that having a lot of weight to lose can be overwhelming and that frustration can be self defeating. But breaking down your goals into smaller increments will give you a feeling of accomplishment and Dr Oz says every ten pounds you lose as great health benefits.
1. Dr Oz says losing 10 pounds can Lower Your Cholesterol Level
Being overweight is linked to high levels of LDL (lowsy, bad) cholesterol. As LDL cholesterol circulates through your bloodstream, it can deposit plaque in your arteries, narrowing them. This can lead to heart attacks or strokes. Exercise and a healthy diet will help increase your HDL cholesterol (good), and decrease the LDL. Ten pounds of weight loss can lower cholesterol by more than 10%.
2. Dr Oz says losing 10 pounds can Lower Blood Pressure
Plaque buildup in our arteries can cause High Blood Pressure(hypertension). Hypertension thickens the walls of the heart, leaving them stiff and prone to heart failure. As the heart works harder, blood vessels in the kidneys can be damaged, which can lead to kidney failure. Losing 10 pounds will decrease your blood pressure, protecting our heart and kidneys.
3. Dr Oz says losing 10 pounds can Reduce Your Risk for Heart Attacks
Excessive plaque buildup can result in dangerously narrowed arteries. In the case of a heart attack, your coronary artery becomes completely blocked, cutting off the oxygen that your heart muscle needs. Losing 10 pounds can reduce heart attacks greater than 50% risk.
4. Dr Oz says losing 10 pounds can Reduce Your Risk for Dementia
Visceral fat is abdominal fat that surrounds your internal organs and contains cells that release chemicals that cause inflammation in the body. This inflammation can cause memory loss and increase your chances of developing dementia. Also obesity can cause high blood pressure and high cholesterol putting you at risk for stroke. Some strokes are known as “silent strokes” and can occur without symptoms. But each time one occurs, blood is cut off to the brain, resulting in damaged, brain tissue which is prone to dementia. High blood pressure and cholesterol can also increase the likelihood that you may develop Alzheimer’s disease.
5. Dr Oz says losing 10 pounds can Reduce Sleep Apnea Risk
When you are overweight, extra tissue thickens your windpipe wall, narrowing your airway. Also the increased size of your tongue and tonsils become a threat to the narrowed airway, especially when you are sleeping. This can cause a life-threatening condition known as sleep apnea. The unsuccessful effort to take in air results in a dangerously low oxygen level. Your brain shocks your body awake to keep you alive. If you have severe sleep apnea, you can be awaken hundreds of times a night. Losing 10 pounds can widen our windpipe, helping to enable sleep throughout the night and reduce your chance for developing sleep apnea. A good night’s sleep also has positive effect on the hormones that effect weight loss.
6. Dr Oz says losing 10 pounds can Reduce Joint Pain
Being overweight puts extra pressure on your joints. For every extra pound of excess weight on your body, you add 3 times that amount of pressure on your knees. This means that 10 extra pounds equals 30 pounds of pressure grinding down. And when walking up stairs Dr Oz says you can multiply your extra weight by 7. Now thirty pounds of pressure becomes 70 pounds. Over time, this force wears away your cartilage, causing arthritis.
As you lose weight, pressure is reduced on your joints and the cushioning between your bones builds back up. A 10 pound weight loss over 10 years may decrease your odds of developing osteoarthritis by as much as a 50%.
7. Dr Oz says losing 10 pounds can Reduce Your Risk for Cancer
Fat cells are highly active, releasing large amounts of hormones like estrogen, insulin, and insulin-like growth factors that can fuel many cancers.
The risk for breast cancer, uterine cancer and many other types of cancers declines when you lose weight. Just losing 8 pounds can significantly reduce the levels of specific carcinogenic hormones.
8. Dr Oz says losing 10 pounds can Reduce Your Risk for Diabetes
Being overweight causes your cells to be less sensitive to insulin, the hormone that manages the movement of sugar in your cells. Being overweight puts you at huge risk for developing type 2 diabetes. A 10 pound weight loss of can reduce your chance of getting diabetes by 60%.
9. Dr Oz says losing 10 pounds can Improve Your Sex Life
Erectile dysfunction can be a problem for as many as 80% of obese and overweight men. Additionally Dr Oz says our sex drive is affected by high blood pressure and diabetes, conditions we are likely to have if we are overweight.
10. Dr Oz says losing 10 pounds can Save You Money
Losing weight can reduce blood pressure and reverse type 2 diabetes reducing your need for prescription medications. Dr Oz said a recent study estimated that cutting just 100 calories a day could prevent or eliminate 71.2 million cases of obesity and save $58 billion annually in the United States.
- Dr Oz: Why You Should Lose 20 Pounds in 8 Weeks Lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks! Now where have I...
- Dr Oz: Add Years To Your Life With The Longevity Calculator How many of us think we will be around to...
- Dr Oz: Fast Food Diet. Lose 5 Pounds In A Week! Dr. Oz is right! For better or worse, fast food is...
- Dr Oz: Lose Weight, Transform Your Health, Win $One Million Dollars! Sep 27, 2011 – Dr. Oz of The Dr. Oz...
- Oprah: Sleep Pillar of Bob Greene’s 20 Years Younger Plan On an airing of the Oprah Winfrey Show, Oprah stated that according...
- Oprah: 20 Ladies Go For 20 Years Younger and 27 Pounds Lighter in 60 Days As only Oprah does best, she gave 20 of what...
- Oprah: Dr. Oz on Belly Fat, Omentum and Penis Size? NBC has been airing reruns of the Oprah show of...
- Dr. Fuhrman: How to Reverse Heart Disease, How to Reverse Diabetes, How to Reverse Cancer “Common ailments afflicting Americans, disease and illness is not a...