Lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks! Now where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, another one of Oprah Winfrey’s favorite guys just revealed his Twenty Something ….Well, that is another story.
On a recent Dr. Oz Show, Dr. Oz announced he teamed up with Dr. Michael Roizen and they put together a handbook of 99 tips called You: Losing Weight. Of those 99 tips, he and Dr. Roizen wanted to share their favorites to help us lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks.
20 women each wearing in his famous purple gloves, held a body organ which represented 20 Conditions Caused By Being Overweight:
|colon cancer||breast cancer|
|fatty liver disease||peripheral artery disease|
|kidney disease||endometrial cancer|
|congestive heart failure||respiratory failure|
|GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)||inflammation|
Dr. Oz offered some further simplified explanations on a few of these conditions.
Sleep apnea. Obesity causes your trachea and breathing pipe to be closed off by fat. You can’t sleep and in turn sleepliness causes you to put on more weight.
Endometrial cancer occurs in the uterus which makes women unique to this cancer. Extra body fat causes hormonal shifts in the body which in turn contributes to cancer.
Inflammation. Obesity causes fat which causes inflammation, which then causes increased cortisol, and stress builds on that. Your chemistry turns against you, and when your chemistry turns against you “you’re cooked”as Dr. Oz says. However, you do not have to lose 20 pounds to see the benefits. As soon as you start losing weight, inflammation decreases and the benefits start.
Here are Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen’s Favorite Tips from their new book You: Losing Weight
- Draft your team – You cannot do it alone. We need somebody to take the cake and fries from you and you need someone to cheer you on, like a spouse or other family member.
- Plan your plate -Half of your plate should be full of colorful fruits and vegetables. Protein on one quarter of the plate. Put whole grains on the last quarter of the plate.
- Fool into full. Have some fat 25 minutes before you eat. Have 6 walnuts or 12 almonds, or 20 peanuts. These fats help you feel full and send a “full”message to your brain.
- Take a U-turn – When you make a mistake, take the next available moment to make an authorized U-turn. I would take that to mean if you did have that cake, at the next meal make a calorie adjustment for that cake or maybe at your next workout increase the time to burn those cake calories.
- Reward yourself -Reward progress and achieving your goals by getting a foot massage, new workout clothes and the like.
- Keep moving – walking just 30 minutes a day makes a huge difference.
Dr. Oz had a pharmacist from Walgreens, Stacia Woodcock, introduce a program they are offering in honor of Women’s Health Month called Walk with Walgreens. You can receive awards in coupons and discounts based on the amount of steps you take. Sign on to Walgreens.com/walk and register and there you can join a community of experts and other walkers. You can log your steps, get advice from experts and join forums where you could get support and motivation from other walkers.
- Dr Oz: Ten Reasons To Lose 10 Pounds Dr Oz made a good point when he said that having...
- Dr Oz: Lose Weight, Transform Your Health, Win $One Million Dollars! Sep 27, 2011 – Dr. Oz of The Dr. Oz...
- Dr Oz: Fast Food Diet. Lose 5 Pounds In A Week! Dr. Oz is right! For better or worse, fast food is...
- Dr Oz: Add Years To Your Life With The Longevity Calculator How many of us think we will be around to...
- Oprah: 20 Ladies Go For 20 Years Younger and 27 Pounds Lighter in 60 Days As only Oprah does best, she gave 20 of what...
- Oprah: Eleven Year Old Girl Loses 50 Pounds With Her Mother’s Help With a national epidemic of childhood obesity, here is an...
- Dr. Mark Hyman: Food Is Medicine! Dr. Mark Hyman, best selling author and internationally respected physician committed...
- Anderson: Paul McKenna. Hypnosis can make you lose weight! Anderson Cooper, of the morning talk show Anderson, had guest, British world...