No need to run out for pizza on a busy late evening because you can have this healthy meal done by the time you order and wait for delivery. Save yourself the tip money! All ingredients in this tasty meal are staples from your pantry, fridge and freezer!
Thaw Chicken Sausage (see Recipe), amount as needed per person.
100% Whole Grain Pasta. Allow 1/2 cup per person.
Favorite Tomato Pasta Sauce in a jar. Allow 1/2 to 2/3 cup per person.
Frozen Chopped Spinach. Allow 1 handful (2-3 oz) per person
Grated Cheddar Cheese for topping
- Bring to boil, water for desired amount of pasta per person. Cook pasta about 6-8 minutes to al dente, (firm and chewy, not soft and mushy. Health benefits are lost if pasta is too soft). Drain pasta. Do Not Rinse.
- On stove top, medium heat, cook ground Chicken Sausage for 3 to 5 minutes until no longer raw. Stir and break up mixture. Add frozen spinach and sautee till spinach is thawed.
- Add tomato pasta sauce. Cover, lower heat, and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest for about 2 minutes.
- Plate pasta. Top with Sausage Tomato Mixture.
- Top with grated Cheddar or Parmesan cheese.
- Oatmeal Breakfast Bars Your kids will not miss those processed toaster pastries with these...
- Our America with Lisa Ling. Childhood Obesity In The South. Causes and Solutions. 1-29-2013 Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Network’s Our America With Lisa Ling aired...
- Mexican Veggie Bean Salad This refreshing, flavorful, and nutrient dense cold salad comes packed with recommended...