These Sunday Brunch Chicken Sausage Sliders will take a healthy edge off those weekend trips to your favorite fast food restaurant for sausage burgers and other weekend breakfast favorites. Serve this healthy quality protein with seasonal ripe fresh fruit, getting your family’s Sunday off to a good start.
- Thawed Chicken Sausage (see Recipe), amount as needed.
- Toufayan Pitettes – Whole Wheat miniature pitas about 2-1/2 inches in diameter
- 1/4 cup or more whole wheat flour, for coating sliders
- 3 tbp oil for browning sliders
- Cheddar Cheese Slices for topping, cut to size (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
The Chicken Sausage mixture tends to be a bit sticky to shape into patties by hand. For these sliders, use a standard dinner tablespoon to scoop up a portion of chicken sausage mixture, and place in a bowl of flour. Coat with flour and shape the chicken with the spoon and place into pre-heated stovetop pan with 3 tablespoons oil.
On medium heat, brown slider burgers on both sides. Then add water, cover, lower heat and steam 5-10 minutes to thoroughly cook chicken, according to your chicken mixture. Breast meat needs less cooking time than thigh meat.
Carefully slice open Pitettes. Insert chicken sausage slider and serve.
- Oatmeal Breakfast Bars Your kids will not miss those processed toaster pastries with these...
- Wheat Germ Dr. Oz considers wheat germ a Superfood. It is the...
- Dr. Oz: Flat Belly Diet Plan Dr. Oz on his Dr. Oz Show, has yet another...
- Socca – A Chickpea Crepe, Tortilla, Flat Bread, Pancake…It’s soocca Versatile Called socca in France, farinata in Italy and faina in Argentina, this...